Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
Posted on: 3/10/2017
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Industry and Manufacturing
Title: Account Manager
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Reports to: Vice President & General Manager
Oleon is a leader in the global oleochemical company specialized in converting natural fats and oils into a wide range of products, such as fatty acids, glycerine, fatty alcohols, esters and dimers. Our products, made from renewable raw materials, combine high performance with readily biodegradable characteristics.. Our products are commonly used in the following applications : lubricants, oilfield, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, food industry, coatings & polymers.
* Responsible for ester, fatty acid and glycerin sales development in the assigned territory including generating new sales leads, follow-up on sales activities & generate new revenue streams from specific product lines. Additionally the successful candidate will contribute to the budgeting process, including volume & profitability while actively prospecting the territorial markets. Customer communication will include buyers, R&D, operations personnel and any resources having influence in product selection.
* Provide corporate business teams with frequent, timely feedback on account performance (share, potential, and competitive position) in order to facilitate planning.
* Match Oleon's technical, commercial and operational capabilities to customer needs through developing a clear understanding of customer's business & technical needs and drivers and effective delivery of technical sales presentations and personal working relationships.
* Success will require that all proposals produced are accurate and complete. This includes ensuring that appropriate analyses have been performed, and that solution designs will result in beneficial outcomes for both the customer and the company.
* Implementation of strategic and tactical marketing plans for introduction of business into new area and/or introduction of new business into already established area. Assures strategies are consistent with overall objectives for the organization. Prioritizes product opportunities to maximize sales and profits.
* Monitors and evaluates programs and expenditures. Handles special projects, as assigned
Key responsibilities include:
* Mapping of the market for Oleon's target products (ingredients for Food, Lubricant & Polymers) by doing online research and acting on referrals from networking.
* This mapping is being done in cooperation with the global corporate business team.
* New business development by cold calling and arranging prospect meetings.
* Develop various US industry contacts (agricultural, nutritional, lubricant or polymer), via face to face meetings, telephone and or email.
* Foster long term & multi product relationships.
* Understanding and mapping of client needs.
* Tailoring and marketing Oleon potential solutions.
* Submit pricing and communicate feedback.
* Increase Oleon share of market in North American market
* You have a Bachelor's degree (preferably in Science) including at least 3-5 years commercial sales experience.
* You have a chemical / chemistry background. Experience in a related industry is an advantage.
* Entrepreneurial spirit looking to actively contribute to building US business.
* You are result-driven, achiever, hands-on, with excellent social, interpersonal and commercial skills and can work autonomously as well as in team environment.
* You are skilled in convincing others, undertaking goal-oriented actions, and in creating and maintaining long term relationships with customers.
* You are willing to travel on a as needed basis (~50% overnight travel)
Hudson (NASDAQ: HSON) helps clients achieve greater performance by attracting, selecting, engaging and developing the best and brightest specially skilled professionals - people like you - for their business. We possess deep expertise across multiple disciplines and industries, including accounting and finance, legal, IT, sales and marketing, and more.
Hudson (www.hudson.com) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. We participate in the E-Verify program as allowed under federal and state law and in accordance with our executed Memorandum of Understanding with the Department of Homeland Security.