Human Resources Director
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on: 6/30/2016
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Pharmaceutical and Healthcare
Human Resources Director
We are assisting a multinational company with an office in Mexico City, to find a Human Resources Director to maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
This professional will lead Human Resources and Talent programs in Mexico in accordance with the company's strategies and values, and will be part of a regional team structure.
As a business partner to a business unit, the HR Director will be responsible for assisting on organizational design, performance management, employee relations, development support, coaching, policy review, interpretation and implementations as well as all talent related processes (including the country's specific rewards programs and initiatives, benefit programs, payroll, reward market analysis, HR practices in Mexico).
Your main responsibilities will be:
* Define, review and design the HR strategy as part of the America's Human Resources team.
* Create and implement HR policies, guiding employees and ensuring that all in-country policies and process are compliance with Mexico's specific employment law and consistent with the company's global directives.
* Provide coaching and guidance to leaders and employees for annual Performance Management Process and in response to performance concerns to include objective setting, Personal Development Planning, ongoing feedback loops, and year-end Review process and calibrations. Provide people management / coaching to leaders in support of employee development.
* As part of Mexico's affiliate senior management team, actively evaluate and implement the company's culture and management initiatives.
* Investigate and advise both management and employees on employee relation issues related to salary, promotion, disciplinary action, terminations and harassment.
* Recommend / approve decisions to involuntarily terminations; partnering with the legal department as needed.
* Implement global strategies into efficient local programs with short and long-term goals.
* Communicate individual and organizational changes in the Americas to the Mexican branch/office.
* Implement talent succession planning process for key positions within the business.
* and transfers.
* Participate in career development discussions with line managers and employees.
* Partner with local and global mobility on expatriations and other colleague moves between global locations.
* Partner with Talent Acquisition on recruitment and selection initiatives to ensure that the best talent are selected. Ensure that new hires are onboarding in a consistent manner.
* Facilitate Talent Development and training programs according to company needs.
* Implement and coordinate job analysis, evaluation & grading process.
* Manage external benefit program, payroll and other related HR service programs, providers and partnerships, ensuring that contracts are managed in a cost effective and efficient manner.
* Administer compensation issues, analyzing, proposing and approving salaries for new hires, promotions Lead and support strategic culture transformation initiatives.
* Coach Senior Management in change management / Organizational Development (e.g. rightsizings, downsizings, re-organizations.).
You will have:
* Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management (required)
* Master's degree strongly preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience within Human Resources.
* Knowledge of Mexico's employment and labor laws.
* Experience in counselling employees on compensation and benefits with an impact on retention.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and implement HR strategies, policies and processes.
* Ability to address business challenges from the talent management perspective and guide the managers as per the company's and country's policies.
* Understanding of change management concepts and ability to facilitate and sustain organizational transformations.
* Outstanding execution skills including direct experience with the processes and disciplines of HR, necessary to successfully evaluate issues, offer alternatives and creative solutions.