Procurement Leader - supply chain
La Grange, Illinois, United States
Posted on: 2/6/2017
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Industry and Manufacturing
Grayhill, Inc. is a dynamic organization that offers elegant engineering solutions for controlling electronic equipment. As an associate at Grayhill, you'll be integral to the design and development of our customer's human interface. Our latest development is Instinct; a set of multi-touch gesture recognition software tools that, when integrated with Grayhill physical components, creates more intuitive human interface solutions. With Instinct, Grayhill can offer custom touch panels and multi-touch displays.
Grayhill designs and manufacturers intuitive human interface solutions that make life simpler, safer and more efficient. We function as more than just a manufacturing partner for our clients, but also a consultant that can optimize the performance of their products, making them easy to use. Whether it's a standard component or a completely custom technology, Grayhill is part of the intuitive control solution.
We are very proud of the individuals that work for us. We hire people who want to partner with an organization that is innovative and cares about customer's needs. If you don't mind wearing several hats and can work in a matrix environment liaising with several stakeholders within the internal and external organization, we want to hear from you. Are you ready for a rewarding career at Grayhill?
Production Planning/Procurement Leader
Direct and coordinate activities of Purchasing Agents, Schedulers and Planners by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Plan, organize, direct, and control activities related to the Purchasing, Scheduling and Planning functions.
* Develop and implement procedures and practices.
* Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, and prepare market analysis reports.
* Develop a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
* Direct the processing and maintenance of assigned sales orders within the Manufacturing group.
* Administer the processing of Engineering changes for assigned inventory items.
* Design, implement, manage, and monitor procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements.
* Recruit and maintains supplier, in conjunction with the Supplier Quality Engineers, that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
* Determine priorities for supplier deliveries based on manufacturing needs and supplier capabilities.
* Prepare and issue Purchase Orders and change notices.
* Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
* Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
* Oversee all activities related to procurement of a commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity.
* Assign procurement requests to the appropriate personnel.
* Negotiate or supervise the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
* Recommend changes to existing tooling, labor force and physical plant layouts to determine if current capacities are compatible with current and future requirements.
* Manage the maintenance of proper controls over assigned inventory items and arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
Directly supervise three to eight employees in the Production Planning/Scheduling group. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
* Bachelor's Degree (B. S.)
* Six to ten years related experience and/or training
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience with MS Office applications
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively work with all levels within the organization
* Strong intrapersonal skills - ability to thrive in a team oriented, creative, and collaborative environment