Part Time HR Advisor - 22 hours
City of London, London, United Kingdom
Posted on: 19/03/2017
Salary: GBP 35000.00 -> 36000.00 Per year
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Industry and Manufacturing
Generalist Part time HR Advisor role - 22 hours a week - 35k full time equivalent
Part time HR Advisor role, reporting to the HR Director, this is a generalist role, based near to Tower Bridge.
The hours on this position are flexible but need to commit to 22.5 hours a week - 3 full days or 5 hours over 5 days
Key responsibilities will include:
- Help update & maintain company policies and staff manual including an annual review.
- Deals initially with any staff grievances or policy queries
- Maintains the staff HR records
- Assists with all recruitment - carrying out interviews, briefing agencies and providing feedback as required, processing rejection and offer letters, background checks and references
- Oversees new staff inductions & maintains records
- Dealing with (visas/sponsorship etc.)
- Maintains absence records & manages any absence cases as necessary
- Maintains paperwork for staff leaving.
- Prepares monthly HR report for the monthly Director meetings
- Act as the first point of contact for assigned business areas for any employee relations (ER) issues. Ensure
the HR Director is kept up-to-date on case work and made aware of any sensitive ER issues as appropriate.
Support and coach people managers to manage ER issues effectively using updated policies and procedures,
with a focus on business need while ensuring compliance with employment law and good practice.
- Advise and support directors and managers through organisational change projects (e.g. restructuring,
TUPE transfers, contractual and non-contractual changes) including planning and conducting formal
consultation processes and advising managers and employees throughout.
- Assist the HR Director with identifying Learning and Development (L&D) needs for all levels of the
organisation and the development and co-ordination of the annual training plan to support the attraction
and retention of high calibre staff.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and effective use of the HR database system; ensuring the
integrity of staffing data so it accurately reflects the workforce; and providing accurate and up-todate
reports in order that well informed business decisions can be made.
- Responsible for managing HR projects as directed.
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date with emerging HR and employment law developments; engaging in continuous
professional development (CPD);
- Act on behalf of HR to resolve employment disputes, including representing the company at Employment
Tribunal if required, supported by the HR Director and Senior Management Team.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
+44 1189 522 466
Greyfriars Gate, 5-7 Greyfriars Road
RG1 1NU Reading