Electronics Commodity Manager
La Grange, Illinois, United States
Posted on: 2/4/2017
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Industry and Manufacturing
Grayhill, Inc. designs and manufacturers intuitive human interface solutions that make life simpler, safer and more efficient. Standard products include optical encoders, rotary switches, keypads, joysticks and pushbuttons. Grayhill specializes in creating ergonomic panels and product shells that integrate various interface technologies, including displays, touch technology and motion sensing to support a range of industries including Healthcare, Automotive and Military.
With headquarters just outside of Chicago, and multiple state-of-the-art facilities around the world, Grayhill has the engineering expertise and vertical integration to deliver standard and customized solutions quickly and cost-effectively.
Are You Ready to Grow With Us?
Electronics Commodity Manager (engineering background)
This is a new role in a recently formed Commodity Management group, which is a great opportunity for individuals who would cherish the challenge to build the Electronics Category from ground up. As a Category Manager you will lead the development and execution of strategic spend initiatives such as supply base research, spend analytics, supplier due diligence, RFQ / RFP initiatives, negotiations, cost-out projects, and lean initiatives. You will also be responsible for supplier management, supplier performance/development, inventory management initiatives, and managing global procurement agreements within Electronics Commodities Sourcing Areas. Categories include Electronic Components, Optical Components, Connectors and Printed Circuit Boards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Develop forward-looking category strategies to support Grayhill's business strategy, and mitigate supply risks
* Partner with R&D, Commercial, Operations, Supply Chain and other key stakeholders to implement sourcing strategies and contingency plans
* Lead Grayhill's Component Lifecycle Management, and Value Engineering initiatives
* Lead periodic business reviews with key suppliers
* Support all product launches, as required to ensure supplier-facing deliverables are met
* Identify new sources and evaluate suppliers' capabilities
* Develop and negotiate performance-based supply agreements and related contracts
* Define and track supplier performance metrics and savings targets
* Identify, prioritize and drive implementation of continuous improvement opportunities
* Utilize consistent methodologies to pursue deliverables that are aligned with strategic objectives
* Uphold Company policies, procedures and the Business Ethics & Conduct Code
* Work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers and the public
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Required
* 5 years of Spend and Supplier management experience for Electronic Components, or 5 years of Procurement Engineering, Component Engineering, Field Applications Engineering, and/or Value Engineering experience. Will consider candidates with no purchasing experience, but with sound electrical engineering background and strong communication/interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated knowledge of Electronics and PCB Supply Chain including cost drivers, component lifecycle management, manufacturing processes, and value engineering;
* Strong project management skills including developing action plans, identifying deliverables and being accountable for results
* Working within a collaborative cross-functional team environment will be critical to the success of this role
* Excellent communications skills with the ability to interact, converse and share ideas effectively with various levels of the organization as well as suppliers
* Analytical and financial skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Working knowledge of ERP systems
* Willingness to travel globally, up to 20% of the time
At Grayhill, we offer dynamic, stimulating opportunities for talented professionals seeking challenging careers with a proven industry leader. In return, you'll enjoy a comprehensive compensation package, including competitive salaries, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, 401(k) plan, and health insurance. Grayhill actively strives to create and maintain diversity in our workforce.