Sales Director (technology company)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Posted on: 2/8/2017
Job type: Permanent
iText is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe. The company's flagship product is an open source software library to create and manipulate PDF documents in Java and .Net(C#). There are millions of users of the open source and commercial versions. iText's customers (software developers, technology vendors, integrators) come from all fields of technology, financial, public, government and health care sectors, including many Fortune 500 companies. iText has dedicated international teams with the headquarter offices in Belgium (Ghent), in the USA (Boston) and in Asia (Singapore). We look for a person who takes up the sales leadership role for North America, is passionate about sales execution and is able to coach the people in order to bring the organization to the next level.
Job title: Sales Director US
Based in Boston, MA
* Achieve the assigned quarterly sales targets within the US region.
Create processes and systems to foster overall growth and drive top line revenue for the company. (Make the numbers)
* Manage and coach the US sales-team and build a business growth plan.
* Manage the US pipeline and forecast on a monthly quarterly and yearly basis.
* Recruit and develop the partner landscape within the identified region, with focus on, but not exclusively, OEM and Value Added Partners/distributors. (Channel management & direct sales and build the business)
* Identify key accounts, with focus on current customer base and develop account planning to increase revenue within this audience. (Managing the business)
* Address, follow-up inbound sales inquiries. (Manage the sales process)
* Manage the outbound sales process together with the outbound sales rep. (Manage the sales process)
* Participate in marketing activities and identify regional business development actions. (Grow the business)
* Localize sales and marketing content in collaboration with the marketing manager.(Collaboration)
* Actively engage in increasing the overall awareness of PDF functionality and use cases in the region. Look for opportunities & trends both in technology and business in order to build a foundation and growth pad for iText. (Thought leadership)
* Identify and seek for business and trends in the region, impacting the overall adoption of PDF and initiate together with the marketing manager appropriate actions. (Build the business)
* Be an active contributor to the US and global sales organization. (Collaboration)
* Manage and build a team that can effectively scale across multiple channels, a range of client sizes and client needs (Coach the people)
* Attract, quickly on-board and train, get to productivity and retain top performing sales representatives. Build team of sales people to go after customer segments who can be closed with shorter sales cycles. (Build the team)
* 5+ years of proven selling experience in a fast paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment
* Must be a self-starter who can work with little supervision and is driven to achieve quarterly targets
* Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within large and complex organizations
* Comfortable supporting Partners negotiating deals with complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
* History of coordination within multi-functional teams to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded