Sign Market Sales Manager
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Posted on: 4/8/2017
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Industry and Manufacturing
The Serge Ferrari group designs, manufactures and distributes high-technology eco-friendly flexible composite materials, for a market that the company has estimated at $3.1B Euros.
The Sign Market Sales Manager will be primarily responsible for the distribution network, training of the distributor sales teams and specification towards distribution customers (printing companies, franchises, etc.).
This position will require taking a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills, creating a distribution network for our products in collaboration with the Team in other parts of the country, driving specifications, managing key accounts and penetrating/converting strategic competitive accounts.
* Selling the company's product-line to clients with focus on the customized solutions (value proposition) in order to meet yearly sales objectives.
* Establish and maintain close contact with customers to insure customer satisfaction and relationship.
* Develop annual performance based sales plans by sub-markets to support the company's financial and sales goals. Budgeting.
* Must continuously work to establish new customers and grows sales to increase market penetration.
* Manage the sales cycle and forecast, from specification to completion.
* Prepare technical proposals, quotations and communicate clearly and concisely through professional presentations to customers.
* Prepare reports as needed or requested.
* Establish and leverage a network of distributors
* Be a major contributor to the company's goals and significantly support the mission.
* Utilize CRM, social networking and online research to maximize opportunities; keep the team informed on projects and track results.
Experience/ Skills Required
To be successful in this position the right candidate must possess and effectively demonstrate the following skills:
* Minimum 3-5 years field and technical sales experience in like industry or related industry experience required,
* Strong account management, client interface and presentation skills both verbally and in writing.
* Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant accountability
* Must possess and employ the highest ethical and business standards and always conduct with yourself with the greatest degree of professional integrity.
* Must have the ability to prospect sell and close at multiple levels. Effective negotiation and closing techniques
* Must be organized, possess time management skills and high attention to detail.
* Technical and analytical skills are paramount to success in this position.
* Must feel comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of an international organization working with the various channels.
* BS/BA Marketing/Business Degree preferred or the equivalence in experience.
* Experience with Microsoft Office.
* 50% travel and events. Occasionally travel may be as much as 75%.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This virtual position directly reports to the National Sales Manager for Serge Ferrari North America.