Senior Category Manager FMCG
Madrid, Madrid, España
Publicada en: 20/04/2017
Tipo de empleo: Indefinido
Senior Category Manager FMCG
The Category Manager Iberia will be responsible to drive the customer’s and the company category growth (volume, value, market share and profit). In this key role you will establish the company as a preferred partner and contribute to reinforcing the company relationship Spain and Portugal,with key customers by leading transformational Shopper Insights and Category Management projects. You will be in charge of the implementation of Category Management in sales, based on strong Shopper insights & in-depth category understanding.
Will be responsible to gather insights on the relevant categories’ markets (mainly focus on baby care) in order to provide the Cluster Manager, the KAM’s and the the company Headquarter with information to help them to get a better understanding of the market dynamics in order to support developing the companies’ strategy of growth and also support the category growth of its customers. Will also have two direct reports (more focused on fem & inco) and will need to manage and help them to further develop and gain on seniority to further strengthen the category management capabilities of the team
- Analysis of the market to help the Cluster Head and sales team to develop, category, country and account plans.
- Monitor developments in the market etc to give full insights to the sales team.
- Providing data based rationale to support the sale of new product developments.
- Translate different data (shopper, market, …) into insights, then into category and customer plans, selling stories.
- Define and contribute to specific category management projects.
- Working with the account teams to prepare for customer meetings.
- Collaborate with agencies to obtain the best and most accurate data and insights.
- Work with account teams to provide assistance on market research projects.
- Work with divisional and other regional Category Managers to share ideas and best practice.
- Lead specific strategic category management projects for selected customers in order to build tailor made and differentiated customer marketing plans.
- Deploy category strategies and lead category management projects based on the the company Shopper & Category framework.
Job Complexity and Challenges
- Using the data to give the right story for the customer, which sometimes goes against the customers own thoughts.
- Working with the various members of an account team and colleagues from Head Office to give the full category vision for the customers.
- Dealing with any data restrictions and limitations to make sure a full story is still told.
- Working with other regions on international accounts.
- Will need to work on the balance of power vs the KAM’s as on the one side he or she will need to support the KA plans with the category insights but also challenge and lead the discussions to make sure that the more strategic category plan will be delivered for the whole BU.
- Global view of the category, including what is best to develop the Retail Brands but also working and further strengthen our brands in the market
- The role will strongly interact with people outside the company: key customers (category managers, marketing, buyer and insights teams), experts on the market, research agencies through frequent customer visits.
- Develop the Category Plan and make sure that it becomes a “living document” for the team as it must be the strategic plan that should guide the KA plans by doing a proper follow up on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring 100% service satisfaction for the customer.
- Accuracy of data and understanding getting it right first time are absolutely essential.
- Proactively research data to give extra insights to the sales team.
- Delight customers with interesting insights and data.
- Create monthly reports showing all the new products and marketing activities on the market.
- Update market overview slides when new data becomes available for use by the sales team .
- Do a proper measurement of the identified actions (linked to all shopper KPI’s and promotional efficiency).
- Perform market /customer diagnosis and run category assessment; identify gaps per country and key customers to develop.
- P&L of the baby category.
- Bachelor degree (preferable if Business Economics or Business Administration)
- Master degree in Business Administration or Sales and Marketing
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years in FMCG in Key Account Management, Category Management & Shopper insights
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Category Management
- Experience on trade marketing would be an advantage
- Experience in hygienic disposables markets and/or in the private label market would be an advantage
- Spanish (mother tongue) and fluent English (Portuguese and or French will be a plus)
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills (we need to manage people and get buy in without direct authority)
- Clear track record of successfully interacting with customers and leading customer projects.
- Detailed understanding of trade / customer marketing and FMCG trade promotions.
- The best communication and presentation skills in the business
- People skills – critical this person can be fully accepted, trusted and “bought into”
- Diplomacy – be able to handle apparent conflicting interests
- Organised and Structured
- High level of business acumen & commercially aware of the decisions taken and the impact they could have on both customer and Ontex’s business
- Bright enough to handle Business Strategy, to be able to understand the “bigger picture” and to understand and communicate the needs and constraints that customers may have that act as possible road blocks.
- Able to formulate strategies from data and insights and marry these with the customers strategic direction.
- Ability to organize, analyze and connect large quantities of data and convert these data to actionable insights.
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills including the ability to fix priorities, persuade and influence stakeholders
- Advanced customer negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum direct manager supervision
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills – extract key messages from complex range of data
- Ability to step beyond core analysis to understand the wider commercial framework
- Work-planning skills, to enable effective resource management Accurate budget management
- Advanced usage of PowerPoint & Excel
- Knowledge of Electronic Space Management application and software is considered an asset
- Good team player
- Embrace the the company Values of Passion, Reliability, Integrity, Drive for Results and Everyone)
+34 91 787 93 00
C/ Serrano 240, 1ª planta