Senior Product Manager
Madrid, Madrid, España
Publicada en: 20/04/2017
Tipo de empleo: Indefinido
Senior Product Manager
The purpose of a PM is to be the technical, quality and RBM expert of the team, starting with an in-deep consumer needs understanding and making sure that this is translated in finding the best product to fulfill their needs. A PM needs to build strong trust based long lasting relationship with our customers and help to increase sales through continuously optimizing existing customer’s portfolio of products
- Support the KAM’s managing the customers from a product and marketing perspective.
- Prepare the customer meetings, presenting and explaining proposals, reports and findings based on consumer in-sights and innovation.
- Drive the innovation pipeline agenda towards the customer and sales team and making sure that the Category plan it’s accomplished from a Product pov.
- Be in charge of quality validations process with the customers.
- Provide technical training to sales team members and customers.
- Manage customer’s complaints in a proper way.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provide to the team and customers good market knowledge in terms of quality and key trends for our products using Nielsen data and all other relevant sources to spot opportunities
- Be in charge of the packaging development as well as all POS and pre-store marketing material such as samplings, especial packs, stoppers, displays, etc.
- To support the Retailer with Retail Brand Management expertise.
Job Complexity and Challenges
- Must be able to manage the mix of several product categories and a high number of sku’s for each of these categories.
- Need to work with principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration and sales techniques.
- Be able to manage techniques and knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and costs for maximizing the effective design, manufacture and use of personal hygiene products.
- Be able to explain physical, chemical, medical and biological principles, laws, their interrelationships and applications.
- Internally, will need to deal with many different departments of the company such as R&D, Quality, Production, Marketing or Supply Chain with a unique objective of satisfying the customer demands but with the lowest complexity and highest contribution possible to the company.
- Many times will need to deal with internal changeovers decisions that can be in the opposite direction of the customer demands.
- Need to be able to work under pressure and know how to manage customer crisis such as critic complaints, product recall or a call of tender and to deal with challenging both internal but also external deadlines.
- Need to understand and “respect” a coherence in the market which sometimes could be tough since could be in the opposite direction of some particular customer requests.
- To have an in depth knowledge of the Spanish and Portuguese markets dynamics, retailers and manufacturers to be able to support the sales organization and represent the company as a professional Retail brand expert.
- Drive the innovation pipeline agenda and deliver the Category plan with all initiatives related to product. For this, the PM will need to review with the team each of the innovation project tracker and update the status on a weekly basis during the weekly meeting with the team
- Keep in-touch with all market developments in terms of product and become an acknowledged expert in the company products, categories and the Grocery environment and share this info with the team on a permanent basis
- Analyze and interpret Nielsen data to provide an overview of brand and retail brand developments, highlighting gaps/opportunities.
- Train the team on an ad-hoc basis on the product expertise
- Analyses and reports on competitor developments across Spain, Portugal and Europe
- Assists with the design and origination of packaging and all POS printed materials; liaises with agencies, production sites and printers. Checks artwork and ensures deadlines are met. Responsible for the packaging guidelines handbook.
- Manage all customer complaints and take the lead towards the plants in case specific actions are required. Proactively shared the ppm’s and key issues with the team and with the customer
- Be in charge of quality validations process with the customers
- Bachelor degree (preferable if Business Administration or Marketing)
- Master degree in Marketing will be valuable
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years in FMCG
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Product Management
- Experience on trade marketing activities
- Experience in hygienic disposables markets would be an advantage
- Experience in the private label market would be an advantage
- Spanish (mother tongue) and fluent English (Portuguese and or French will be a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- People skills – critical this person can be fully accepted, trusted and “bought into” – needs to be liked, and become “one of the team”
- Diplomacy – be able to handle apparent conflicting interests
- Influencing skills – will need to manage people and get buy in without direct authority
- Organised and Structured
- Creative and proactive
- Analytical ability – PC literate and able to crunch numbers
- High level of business acumen & commercially aware of the decisions taken and the impact they could have
- Bright enough to handle Business Strategy, to be able to understand the “bigger picture” and be able to implement winning action plans.
- Good team player
+34 91 787 93 00
C/ Serrano 240, 1ª planta